If you need to preserve or prevent the loss of an asset, protect against personal harm, prevent loss or damage to your reputation and safeguard business or personal interests, it may be necessary to apply for an injunction, which is a court order requiring a party to do or stop doing a certain act.
Whether applying for an injunction or defending an application against you, there is significant cost and risk associated with the process. Our dispute resolution team understands the need to act quickly and decisively and is on hand to advise you on the best course of action.
We believe in building relationships with our clients and our litigation lawyers will work closely with you to protect your business in the short term as well as looking at longer term options for future protection.
Our experienced team has advised on a range of injunctions, including the following situations:
- defamation and privacy matters
- freezing orders e.g. freezing bank accounts or assets
- protection from harassment
- preventing nuisance and trespass
- preventing breach of contract or confidence
- preventing copyright infringement
- enforcing restrictive covenants, including restraint of trade and non-compete clauses
- restraining sale of land or property
- restraining winding up petitions
- search orders, e.g. to preserve evidence and/or property
- specific performance, e.g. an order requiring a party to perform a specific act