The team at Square One Law is focussed on complex, innovative projects, delivering more for less in the current climate of austerity and the continued pressure on public finances.
Particular emphasis has been placed on public/private partnerships and collaboration agreements in order to form new delivery models to improve economic growth, particularly in the North East of England and the Tees Valley. Examples of projecs include:
- An innovative long term quay management agreement between a private operator and a local authority to regenerate a strategically important dock and attract inward investors
- Designing a compliant legal structure to allow for a public/private partnership to decommission an abandoned ship, which had been vacated by the Crown following an insolvency
- All property and grant arrangements for the site assembly to create an indoor ski-slope visitor attraction
- The creation of the North East Fund, a partnership between the European Investment Bank and EU Structural Funds
- The design and creation of North East Property Fund, a public/private funding structure supported by the North East Local Enterprise Partnership and Santander plc