Many businesses look to acquisitions as a way of expanding into new markets or territories, combining expertise with another business and creating economies of scale.
Our corporate team assists both buyers and sellers with a diverse range of transactional activity. We aim to simplify the transaction process and work with you to ensure that the best commercial terms and appropriate legal protections available to you are reflected in the legal documentation.
Examples of the types of transactions we can assist you with include:
- The sale and purchase of shares in a company
- The transfer of a business as a going concern – this will encompass a review of any potential TUPE impact and immediately identify third party control and regulatory issues (including competition law) that may have the potential to delay the transaction
- Sale and purchase of material assets including intellectual property and other intangible assets
- Auction sales
- Acquisitions out of insolvency from administrators and liquidators
- Diligence and strategic advice on potential target companies
- Growth strategies and designing sales and distribution systems
- Brexit assessment of your acquisition strategy