Our clients naturally place a premium on protecting their business relationships, confidential information, skills, personnel and knowledge.
An important means of protecting these interests is to ensure that your contracts of employment contain express restrictions on employees both during employment and after the employment relationship has terminated. The enforceability of these contractual provisions is a complex and evolving area of employment law. In order to provide the maximum protection for your business, it is vital that expert, up-to-date advice is obtained.
At Square One Law our team of employment law specialists advise both employers and senior executives in all industries on restrictive covenants at the beginning of the employment relationship, when changes to the relationship occur and at termination.
Our team can provide litigation advice when the terms of restrictive covenants are not adhered to.
We can help to protect your business as far as possible by:
- establishing which elements of your business require protection
- drafting new restrictions which afford as much protection as possible
- reviewing existing restrictions and advising on steps to take to implement further restrictions
- preparing business policy documents to outline standards of conduct and procedures;
- drafting confidentiality agreements
- supporting you when litigation arises including high court injunction applications
- providing advice and guidance on employee retention