As your business grows and matures stakeholders will look to the future - whether securing and incentivising the next generation of management, looking to combine the business with a new owner or a complementary business, or looking to put the business in the hands of the public markets or an institutional investor.
We understand that making these kinds of decisions is a strategic and at times emotional decision and can be inherently complex and time consuming.
There are a wide variety of legal issues to consider. We can help assess how you position your business to maximise value, ensure the key assets are protected and create a smooth succession whichever route you plan for.
We can help with:
- personal tax and trust planning to put in place prudent tax measures for stakeholders
- incentivising management through tax efficient share options schemes and long term contracts
- structuring your board and management team to comply with governance and best practice and to provide a ‘crisis team’ should anything happen to key individuals
- pre-sale diligence to identify areas of value and/or risk for a potential buyer and suggest remedial actions
- implementing a share sale of the business to a new owner or investor
- advising on an public offering of shares on a public market
- the sale of business and assets of your business