Businesses who deal with consumers need to be aware that there are specific rules giving rights to consumers.
These rules include things such as:
- information to be given to the consumer
- cooling off periods in relation to certain purchases
- reasonableness of contract terms
- dealing with a consumer’s statutory rights
- data protection and electronic marketing
Getting this issue wrong can have serious consequences for your business relationships, as well as legally (parts or all of your contract might be void) and from a public relations perspective. Our lawyers have extensive experience of advising businesses on these complex and sensitive issues and we would be happy to talk through your requirements in order to recommend the best approach for you.
Our commercial team can steer you through this difficult area of law and ensure that you maximise your contractual protection.