Our experienced team of industry experts provide the full range of consultancy services and legal advice required by clients in the sports, media and sponsorship sectors.
Our sports lawyers have extensive experience in acting for athletes across a whole range of sports, football clubs, governing bodies, sports agencies, broadcasters, production companies, sponsors, investors and others.
We also regularly work with local sports clubs to assist them with commercial matters, grant funding issues, property disposals and their ongoing compliance with the updated CASC rules.
Examples of our sports law work include:
- successfully representing Newcastle United in the infamous “Save our Seats” case which was critical to the redevelopment of St James’ Park
- providing advice on high profile sporting events such as Soccer Aid, the Seve Trophy golf tournament and the Alan Shearer testimonial events
- acting for a leading football club in the negotiations of a multi million pound sponsorship and naming rights agreement
- advising a leading golfer (a major championship winner) in connection with contractual disputes
- advising individuals and businesses looking to acquire and dispose of interests in football clubs
- regularly advising sports personalities on media issues from issuing press releases and public statements to prosecuting defamations and libel actions
- advising on the establishment of a leading sports management agency which now represents some of the world’s leading sports personalities
- undertaking a major refurbishment of a county cricket club
- regularly advising on disciplinary and regulatory matters including successfully representing a premier league footballer on the first ever charge of racially abusing a fellow professional
- advising a wide variety of community amateur sports clubs (including cricket, golf and rugby clubs) on their compliance with the CASC rules