Our media and entertainment lawyers are highly experienced in advising on all legal and related issues involved in the development, production and exploitation of television and film, digital media, games, and music.
At Square One Law we work closely with clients from an early stage to ensure we understand their commercial drivers and are able to help them anticipate any issues they are likely to face before they occur.
We appreciate that most television and film developments currently face severe budgetary constraints and work with clients to fully scope their anticipated legal requirements to ensure we provide cost certainty and value for money advice.
Recent work includes all legal work on the fundraising and subsequent production of the film Harrigan; and legal advice to the Goldfinch suite of investment vehicles – EIS and SEIS approved companies – for the production of film and television projects.
We regularly advise on the full range of services required in the media and entertainment industry, including:
- finance raising, including equity and bank debt, EIS and SEIS schemes
- structuring of co-productions
- acquiring option agreements
- writer’s agreements
- all talent agreements, including directors, producers, cast, crew and composers
- sales agency agreements
- distribution agreements
- location agreements
Our recent film and entertainment work includes advising:
- on the funding of the feature film, Harrigan, including an equity investment by Rivers Capital Limited
- on the full suite of legal documentation required to produce and distribute Harrigan, including, director’s agreement, writer’s agreement, producer’s agreement, all cast and crew agreements, location agreements, product releases and sales and distribution agreements
- on the full suite of legal documentation required to produce and distribute the feature film provisionally entitled, Victor
- Goldfinch Pictures on their suite of EIS and SEIS approved film investment companies
- Road to Callum on the company set up and fundraising issues in relation to the feature film of the same name
- Victor Productions on the full suite of legal documentation required to produce and distribute the feature film Hec McAdam