Understanding Finance in 60 valuable minutes
Square One Law, Harlands Accountants and Growth Accelerator are working in partnership to bring a series of workshops over the coming months to help decision makers understand the different types of finance on offer, the risk profiles of different funders and how to select the most appropriate form of finance for their business.
We understand that small and medium-sized businesses are the engines of growth for the UK economy, and getting access to finance is critical. Levels of bank lending have started to increase since the financial crisis, however; there are many more innovative types of finance available to businesses in the North East that you may not be aware of.
We are hosting three workshops:
- Understanding Finance (22 September 2015)
- Preparing for Finance (24 November 2015) and;
- Securing Finance (26 January 2016)
We will also be running a summary session that covers the headlines of all three main workshops on 22 March 2016.
Understanding Finance is ideal for companies with no, or limited, experience of external fund-raising.
The first workshop will cover:
- Funding basics e.g. sources of finance: debt, angels, VCs
- Understanding the state of the funding market
- How financing organisations work and make decisions
- Investor perspectives of your companies business plans
- What you legally need to do to prepare for different types of finance
- Investor exit options, returns, strategies, syndication, crowd funding, valuations etc.
Date: Tuesday 22 September
Time: 8.00am – 10am
Location: The Greenhouse, Greencroft Industrial Park, DH9 7XN
08:00 Guest registration
Please note that as spaces are so limited we are unable to offer the workshops to other professional services.