Employment Breakfast Briefing
The employment team at Square One Law invites you to our mid-year briefing where we’ll look at:
- Key changes in 2015 so far
- How employers have managed those changes
- What the remainder of 2015 holds for employers and HR professionals
WHEN AND WHERE:
We are hosting this breakfast briefing in two locations, Newcastle and Peterlee:
Wednesday 8 July 2015 from 8.30am to 11.00am at: Novus Business Centre, North West Industrial Estate, Peterlee, SR8 2QJ
Thursday 9 July 2015 from 8.30am to 11.00am at: The Toffee Factory, Lower Steenbergs Yard, Quayside, Ouseburn (free parking at Spillers Car Park – sat-nav code NE6 1BU)
The first half of the year has seen several key decisions and changes in law such as Shared Parental Leave, the calculation of holiday pay, the meaning of “establishment” and the ACAS code. These changes affect all employers and keeping up to date is hugely important for HR professionals.
We are hosting an informative and engaging employment law update to bring you up to speed and give you the opportunity to discuss the impact of the changes on your business.
We will be touching upon the key areas of law that have changed and sharing examples of how our clients have adapted to the developments. We will also address the recent Conservative win, the Queen’s speech and the resulting proposed policies such as exclusivity clauses in zero hours contracts and “paid volunteering leave” that could affect employers in the coming months.
As we await these proposed changes, now is the time for employers to consider workforce planning and any strategic HR projects. An understanding of current and future developments in employment law will be enormously beneficial to this planning process.
The format of both events will be:
8.30am – 9.00am – Registration, refreshments and breakfast baps
9.00am – ‘2015 – the story so far
- An overview of the key decisions and changes in law this year
- Examples of how our clients have managed key changes
- Practical guidance on implementing changes
9.45am – Coffee break
10.00am – ‘What does the remainder of 2015 have in store for employers’
- The Queen’s speech and the impact on employers and HR professionals
- A review of the conservative policies that are not yet implemented and what impact they may have
- A summary of future developments in legislation and case law for the rest of the year
10.40am – 11.00am – Coffee and networking
To reserve your free place at either of the events, please contact Lucy Murray on 0843 224 7932 or email email@example.com