In today’s increasingly digital world there is more scope than ever for data breaches in the workplace that could have an impact on employees, customers and clients.
The legislation on data protection is complex and we can advise you on complex data issues quickly and concisely whilst ensuring that you comply with your obligations.
We offer a full data protection audit service to our clients who have concerns about the increasing risk of data breaches in the workplace.
We regularly advise on:
- disciplinary action involving the misuse of employee and employer data including social media disputes and inappropriate use of IT systems
- data protection obligations in relation to the storage and retention of employee records
- data protection requirements when subject access request are made
- employer obligations relating to requests for information to be used to evidence tribunal proceedings – such as comparator pay for equal pay claims and disciplinary outcomes for other strands of discrimination claims
- data issues on commercial transations