The increasing focus on gender pay inequality makes it important for businesses of all sizes to understand the impact on their workforce. The reporting obligations, requiring businesses to publicise their gender pay gap, will also keep this issue firmly in the spotlight.
Our employment team can help companies to understand their obligations and can advise on the practical steps that can be taken to reduce the risk in this area. Our team has extensive experience of equal pay litigation and can assist with preventing claims arising as well as defending any that do.
Beyond gender equality issues, our employment lawyers are also specialists in advising businesses facing discrimination allegations. From responding to grievances to defending litigation, our team provides commercial, expert legal advice.
We regularly advise on:
- how businesses can prepare for equal pay reporting obligations
- preparing audits to help businesses assess their exposure to equal pay claims
- defending tribunal proceedings in which discrimination allegations are raised
- grievances and assisting employers in handling discrimination allegations
- equality policies and bespoke workplace training on equality issues
- handling disciplinaries involving misconduct relating to discrimination