Good governance and a well organised business structure are essential.
Every business will at some stage come under scrutiny as to how it complies with law and its corporate responsibilities – whether by reason of a sale or fundraising or through everyday interaction with suppliers and customers who will need to ensure that your and their supply chain is well run and complies with the highest standards.
We view governance as wider than simply complying with the red tape of legal requirements – it is an approach to running your business that encompasses compliance with law, the relationship between key stakeholders, as well as your interactions with your customers and suppliers, employees and the local communities and the environment in which you operate.
Within this area, we can provide advice on:
- implementing a corporate governance policy
- CSR policies and procedures
- directors’ ongoing duties under the Companies Act 2006 (including advice for directors of companies threatened by insolvency)
- implementation of public market compliance policies, including advice as to how to comply with the enhanced obligations of companies listed on AIM or the London Stock Exchange
- implementation of employee share schemes
- share buy backs and balance sheet restructuring
- procurement and the provision of grant funding from a variety of public sources
- general corporate or business advice whether your company is a start-up or an established business seeking to expand overseas
“Our advisory teams work very well together and we’ve always had excellent advice from Square One Law. They’ve always known what we are trying to achieve and understand what we are trying to do in the business. It’s hugely important because if your advisers don’t get it, they are going to give you the wring advice.”