The Square One Law healthcare team comprises specialist solicitors that are valued by their clients for their ability to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions within this important sector.
The team has extensive experience of working with clients across the healthcare sector providing comprehensive and pragmatic advice.
Our healthcare lawyers regularly advise clients on issues such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital investment projects and commercial services. We also advise on a wide range of day-to-day matters, including employment, dispute resolution, general commercial matters and real estate transactions.
We work across the healthcare sector with a particular focus on medical, pharmacy, care home and dental businesses.
Our recent work in the healthcare sector includes advising:
- the purchaser on the acquisition of a pharmacy business in a multi million pound deal
- the borrower on the raising of finance for a pharmacy business
- the buyer on an acquisition of a care home group for a consideration in excess of £25m
- GPs on their partnership agreements
- GP tenants in London on the development of a medical centre (LIFT Scheme)
- clients across the healthcare spectrum on their wills and estate planning
- a PCT on the transfer of their estate into NHS Property Services
- the seller on various multimillion pound sales of care home businesses
- the landlord on the grant of a lease with an option to purchase for a care home
- the lender in relation to facilities for the construction of a super surgery including a drive through pharmacy
- the sellers of a retail and wholesale pharmacy business
- lenders in relation to acquisition of facilities for a specialist care business