Employment Breakfast Seminar
Developing a global presence.
As many businesses look to benefit from the opportunities that expansion abroad can have, an understanding of how this can be achieved is crucial.
Join us at this informative seminar where we will review some of the key employment and commercial issues to consider when developing a global presence.
Senior International Trade Advisers from UKTI will outline the support that they can provide to local businesses and the team from Square One Law will look at:
- Establishing a presence abroad
- International commercial issues
- Global employment considerations
WHEN AND WHERE:
We are hosting this breakfast briefing in Teesside and Newcastle
- Wednesday 20 April 2015 from 8.30am to 11.00am at:
The Claxton Suite, Wynyard Park House, Wynyard Avenue, Tees Valley, TS22 5TB
- Thursday 21 April 2015 from 8.30am to 11.00am at:
The Toffee Factory, Lower Steenbergs Yard, Ouseburn, Quayside, NE6 1B
The format of both events will be:
8.30am – 9.00am – Registration, refreshments and breakfast sandwiches
9.00am – ‘The opportunities are out there, you could be too’
UKTI will provide an insight into the many benefits of exporting and the practical support available, both locally and overseas, to help UK businesses trade overseas for the first time or enter new markets. The presentation will include examples of how companies have benefited from exporting their products or services and how UKTI has supported them.
9.15am – ‘Establishing a presence abroad’
An overview of:
- The various legal structures available
- Compliance issues to be aware of
- Determining which laws will apply
9.45am – Coffee break
10.00am – ‘International commercial issues’
- Key issues to consider when planning your route to market
- A review of Commercial Agency considerations
- A summary of international commercial arrangements including distributors and re-seller arrangements
10.30am – ‘Global employment considerations’
- Determining the employment package
- Country specific employment requirements
- Managing employees abroad
10.50am – 11.15am – Coffee and networking
Places are free but limited. To book onto either of the events, please contact Lucy Murray on 0843 224 7932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.