Employment Breakfast Briefing
Our team of employment lawyers host a series of breakfast seminars across the year.
These events are always free of charge and tailored towards updating and informing HR managers and directors.
Our latest seminar will feature guidance from head of employment, Jean Pierre van Zyl and associate, Roisin Patton on ill health management and a review of the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.
We are hosting this breakfast briefing in two locations, Newcastle and Peterlee:
- Wednesday 30 April 2014 at: The Toffee Factory, Lower Steenbergs Yard, Quayside, Ouseburn, NE1 2DF
- Thursday 1 May 2014 at: Pepsi Co. Limited, 2 Stephenson Road, Peterlee, County Durham, SR8 5AY
Ill-health absence management can create a headache for employers of any size. Head of employment, Jean-Pierre van Zyl will highlight some of the common issues employers face when tackling absence management and offer guidance on managing ill-health absence effectively.
Roisin Patton will then review the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 (AWR) and take a look at how the tribunals have interpreted these provisions since their implementation. Jean-Pierre will also tackle some of the thorny issues arising from the AWR such as bonuses and share plans.
The format of both events will be:
8.30am – 9.00am – Registration and light refreshments
9.00am – ‘Guidance on Performance Management’ by Jean-Pierre van Zyl
- An overview of ill-health absence management procedures
- The legal framework and issues to consider
- Case study examples of common pitfalls
9.45am – ‘A Review of the Agency Workers Regulations 2010’ by Roisin Patton
- Review the AWR provisions
- Assess the case updates on AWR
- Analyse some of the thorny issues
10.30am – Coffee
Please note that spaces are limited for the event in Peterlee and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To reserve your free place at either of the events, please contact Lucy Murray on 0843 224 7932 or email email@example.com