Square One Law: Corporate Law Firm of the Year
Last night some 400 of the region’s top professionals gathered at the Gosforth Marriott Hotel to celebrate the very best in the region’s deal making community at the Insider North East Dealmakers Awards.
We are delighted to share that Square One Law emerged as winners of the Corporate Law Firm of the Year category. The firm has come a long way since 2011 and as we were runners-up in the category last year, to win is a big boost for our expanding corporate team.
To be recognised is a fantastic achievement but our success is all down to our clients and we want to thank them for their ongoing support.
Square One Law has completed more than 60 deals in the last 12 months. Deal highlights include:
- Chirton Engineering on its sale to Carr’s Milling Industries
- Utilitywise plc on the acquisition of Prague based ICON Communication Centres
- National Numbers Limited on the sale of its cherished number plate business to Jepson & Company Limited
- Moneygate on a number of acquisitions
- Synety plc on multiple fundraisings through AIM
- PrismTech on the sale of its OpenFusion CORBA business to Micro Focus International plc
- Harry Hotspur Holdings on the acquisition of a shareholding in Lindisfarne Limited (which owns the iconic Lindisfarne Mead brand)
- Highbridge on the creation of the new £100m industrial site, Indigo Park
- Netplay TV on the acquisition of Vernons.com
- Meaalofa on funding of a £20m joint venture to facilitate its purchase of the Gorsebrook Park industrial site in Dagenham
- Integral Search and Selection on its sale to Manpower Group
- Flex Recruitment on its sale to Nasdaq listed Corporate Resource Services Inc
- Filebase on its sale to AIM listed Restore plc
- DECIDE. on raising growth finance
- Zero Carbon Futures on the expansion of UK electric vehicle infrastructure
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau on the merger of three of the six Citizens Advice Bureaux in Northumberland
- Maxim Facilities Management on raising equity growth funding
Congratulations to all individuals and organisations that were shortlisted, to be recognised by fellow professionals within the sector is a real achievement.